The top 5 Utah theater productions you need to see this summer | The best theater Utah has to offer in 2021
This article about the best theater Utah has to offer is sponsored by Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre.
If you are looking for the best theater Utah has to offer, get in the car and head to Logan, UT. That’s because Logan is Utah’s Heart of the Arts. Particularly, this year you’ll be able to experience the Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre, live performances by the Lyric Rep Company, and free concerts at the Tabernacle.
You’re absolutely going to find amazing productions, pre-show informances, breakfast with the stars, and Academy classes all in one visit. Subsequently, you’ll even see celebrities from Broadway and the Metropolitan Opera performing in the 1924 Utah Theatre in downtown Logan.
The best theater Utah has to offer in summer 2021 – here are 5 Utah theater productions you won’t want to miss
Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre in Logan, Utah, opens its doors July 7th for particularly exciting live performances this summer. You’ll definitely want to check out what’s playing, and get tickets now before they sell out!
This romantic and funny story is about pianist Cosmé McMoon, who meets the tone-deaf socialite Florence Foster Jenkins who loves to sing. They take New York City by storm with hilariously off-key performances, until finally selling out Carnegie Hall in 1944. Follow their unlikely partnership and discover the true power of music.
Souvenir is playing July 7-30.
2. 33 Variations
Follow the journey of music expert Katherine Brandt, who is determined to unveil what drove Beethoven to write 33 individual variations on the same musical theme. This moving story about Beethoven’s declining condition paralleled with Brandt’s ALS diagnosis is one production that will stay with you for a while.
33 Variations is playing July 8-29.
3. The Fantasticks
This hilarious production is the longest-running musical of all time and you’ll see why. Two fathers conspire to trick their children into falling in love by pretending to hate one another. Will Luisa and Matt fall for their reverse psychology? Come and find out.
The Fantasticks is playing July 9-31.
4. I Do! I Do!
For the romantic at heart, I Do! I Do! will have you laughing and crying as you watch the 60-year wedded journey of Agnes and Michael. They will steal your hearts and leave you swooning as they navigate the highs and lows of marriage together.
I Do! I Do! is playing July 10-31, 2021.
5. Mozart Requiem
Join the American Festival Chorus and Orchestra in their beautiful and heartbreaking performance of the Mozart Requiem.
The Mozart Requiem will be performed on July 10 at 1 PM.
Want even more fun things to do? Check out Logan’s Foodie Trek and Gardeners Markets and free concerts too!
Between the Utah Festival Opera and Musical Theatre and Lyric Rep Company shows, you can also get a true taste of Logan by visiting more than 20 locations on the Cache Valley Foodie Trek and Signature Products Tour. Pack your cooler full of cheese, ice cream, and other frozen treats, honey, deli meats, hand-dipped chocolates, and more. Then explore Logan’s unique restaurants. Finally, be sure to visit both the Center Street farmers market that is held every Wednesday from 9 a.m. until whenever, and the Gardeners Market every Saturday from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. at the historic courthouse.
You can visit the American West Heritage Center for outdoor living history or head to the National Forest. Both of them are just minutes from downtown Logan, UT. Visit www.explorelogan.com for more info.
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered with 3 Cool Spots to Visit This Weekend
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to check it out
- Cedar City Utah is your next weekend vacation | outdoor adventures you and your family need to have this year
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…
- Deadly force deemed as justified in officer-involved shooting at Pioneer Park