UPDATE: Police find, arrest third suspect in Magna beating death
MAGNA, Utah — The Unified Police Department (UPD) reported they have arrested a man they were seeking in connection with the beating death of a Magna man earlier this week
UPD tweeted that they had arrested Easton Jorge Esparsa, 18, in connection with the death of Fred Valdamar Ortiz, 41, of Magna.
Police said Ortiz was beaten Monday near a Smith’s grocery store at 3600 South and 8400 West in Magna. In an affidavit, officers said Ortiz was spotted riding a scooter and that a group had been told he had beaten his wife.
That group proceeded to beat him with wooden blocks and a pole. Ortiz was taken to a hospital where he later died.
Unified Police had already arrested two other suspects.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam