UPDATE: Police find, arrest third suspect in Magna beating death
MAGNA, Utah — The Unified Police Department (UPD) reported they have arrested a man they were seeking in connection with the beating death of a Magna man earlier this week
UPD tweeted that they had arrested Easton Jorge Esparsa, 18, in connection with the death of Fred Valdamar Ortiz, 41, of Magna.
Police said Ortiz was beaten Monday near a Smith’s grocery store at 3600 South and 8400 West in Magna. In an affidavit, officers said Ortiz was spotted riding a scooter and that a group had been told he had beaten his wife.
That group proceeded to beat him with wooden blocks and a pole. Ortiz was taken to a hospital where he later died.
Unified Police had already arrested two other suspects.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested