TOOELE, Utah — A vehicle rolled and crashed on eastbound I-80, seven miles east of Wendover early Sunday morning, ejecting two passengers.
The car swerved, over-corrected, and then rolled according to Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Andrew Battenfield.
EB I-80 at MP 9 (7 mi E of Wendover) Tooele Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 9:24 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) June 20, 2021
Two people in the car were ejected by the force of the crash, Battenfield said. The reason the car swerved is not yet known.
A Life Flight helicopter was called to the scene to transport one of the accident victims to a hospital, but the other victim died at the scene of the crash.
Battenfield said he didn’t believe either person was wearing a seatbelt.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- First Presidency urge masks be worn at all times in temples
- Family of former BYU and NFL player wins lawsuit against blinds manufacturer
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Don’t second-guess Moab police in Gabby Petito case, says lawyer
- Body recovered, half-brother sought around Yellowstone lake
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- A cyclist in Roy is in critical condition after being run over multiple times
- Woman dead, man hurt after police chase and crash in Summit County
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints won’t provide vaccine exemptions