HEBER, Utah — A married couple from Chandler, Arizona, drowned on Sunday at Deer Creek Reservoir.
Wasatch County Search and Rescue and other first-responders were called to the scene around noon on Sunday. The initial call indicated that two adults, a male and female, were found floating unconscious in the reservoir.
The couple was boating with their adult children. The father reportedly entered the water to swim with one of the children and began struggling in the water.
At that point, the female victim jumped into the water to assist her husband. Wasatch County officials reported that neither of them was wearing a life vest.
Family members of the victims saw the man and woman go under the water. They reportedly did not surface for an extended period of time.
The cause of death will be determined by the State Medical Examiner’s Office, but the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office said preliminary information suggests that both the man and woman may have drowned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Family of former BYU and NFL player wins lawsuit against blinds manufacturer
- Don’t second-guess Moab police in Gabby Petito case, says lawyer
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Woman dead, man hurt after police chase and crash in Summit County
- Beloved ‘Sex and the City’ actor Willie Garson dies at 57
- Body recovered, half-brother sought around Yellowstone lake
- First Presidency urge masks be worn at all times in temples
- Underwater dive team arrives to scene of search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie