MILFORD, Utah — Two people have died after a car vs motorcyle crash in Milford, Utah late Monday
The accident happened at 9:30pm Monday night on Main Street near 400 South. Witnesses say both a blue Pontiac Grand Prix and a Honda motorcycle were traveling at high rates of speed when they lost control.
UHP said they were traveling northbound when the Pontiac spun around, went off the roadway, hit a light pole and crash into a building before stopping in the southbound lanes.
The female driver and male passenger in the car both died at the scene. UHP said neither were wearing a seatbelt.
Double fatal crash in Milford Utah. At about 9:30 pm, a vehicle and motorcycle were traveling down Main Street at a high rate of speed. The vehicle lost control and hit a building. The two occupants were killed. The motorcycle went down and the rider was transported to area hos.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) June 22, 2021
The motorcyclist was able to walk away from the crash with only minor injuries after he laid down his bike near the Pontiac.
Main Street in Milford was closed for 4-hours. Officials say impairment and speed are being investigated as contributing factors to the fatal accident. The names of the victims have not yet been released.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Family of former BYU and NFL player wins lawsuit against blinds manufacturer
- Don’t second-guess Moab police in Gabby Petito case, says lawyer
- Online shopping gets bigger, thieves get bolder
- Parleys Canyon Fire much smaller than originally thought
- US adult smoking rate looks unchanged, vaping rate higher
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- 2-alarm fire at Salt Lake gas station destroys convenience store
- US, Guatemala sign agreement to restrict asylum cases
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released