Salt Lake firefighters respond to another apartment fire
SALT LAKE CITY — Firefighters from the Salt Lake City Fire Department responded to an apartment complex fire in the overnight hours of Thursday and Friday.
The fire was located at Four Seasons Condo at 400 South and Redwood Road. This is at least the fifth apartment complex fire in northern Utah in just the last week.
“It has been a busy week,” said Salt Lake City Fire Department Captain Jared Schreiner. “We’ve had quite a few significant number of fires throughout the city, and throughout the Salt Lake valley, and the Wasatch Front. And unfortunately, a lot of these fires are in multi-family dwellings, apartment complexes and such. So they require a lot of resources, you know we have to work through that. But ultimately, our firefighters are doing a great job.”
No word on the cause of this latest fire. However, Schreiner says extra resources were called in to fight the fire to get it extinguished as quickly as possible.
“This reached a second alarm fire,” he said. “Just based on the fact that it is a multi-family dwelling and we want to get plenty of resources and man power here quickly.”
One person was transported by ambulance to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
- Fire crews working hard to extinguish three alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- SLC Fire Marshal warns of possible firework citations this season
- Fire chiefs call on everyone to skip personal fireworks this year
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process