SLC has new title to flaunt: one of the most future-focused cities
SALT LAKE CITY — FinanceBuzz recognized the top 25 most future-focused cities and Salt Lake City landed at number 16 when pitted against other cities.
The site determined the rankings based on points relating to sustainability, environmental friendliness, and citizen-focused infrastructure. The article explained that in a fast-changing world, Salt Lake City is adapting easier than others.
Hard data and statistics were collected for 50 of America’s biggest cities. Then, weighted scores across all categories were added together to assign a final score to each city on a 0-100 scale. The city with the highest scores earned the title of most future-focused city.
Factors used in determining the most future-focused city were pollution index, the number of B Corporations, electric vehicle charging station availability, per capita solar power availability, per capita carbon footprint, bicycle score, park score and average internet speed.
San Francisco topped the list with Portland, Oregon, Washington D.C., San Diego, and Denver rounding out the top five. Riverside, California landed at the bottom.
Salt Lake City landed towards the middle of the pack between New York City and Providence, Rhode Island.
The FinanceBuzz article shows Salt Lake City earned lower scores as a contender for the most future-focused city when it comes to pollution and B Corporations (which are companies that are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, supplies, community, and the environment.)
However, Salt Lake City received perfect scores on electric-vehicle (EV) charging station availability. It also scored high marks for per-capita solar power availability.
The site offers tips and suggestions on ways to prepare your home and family for a more sustainable future.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers