Missing Tooele man needs medication, family says
TOOELE, Utah — Search efforts for a missing Tooele man have so far been unsuccessful.
Rick Morris, 32, went missing from his home in the early hours of June 25 and hasn’t been seen since. Morris is a Type 1 diabetic, who struggled recently to manage his blood sugar.
His family is concerned that time may be running out.
“Everything that he needs to survive is at home,” Mariah Morris, a sister to Rick, told KSL-TV. “He just like vanished. There’s no trace.”
Search continues for missing Tooele man
Mariah Morris said her brother had not been acting normal before his disappearance. But she said family members thought they had things under control.
“They got him to eat a sandwich and told him they would come back and check on him,” Mariah Morris said. “It seemed like he was kind of coming out of it a little bit. And when they came back, Rick was gone.”
Rick Morris is 6-foot-2, 150 pounds and was last seen at 700 South and 770 West in Tooele. He was last seen wearing baggy jeans and shoes.
His sister said without the supplies he needs to survive, the worst case scenario is possible.
“He would find somewhere to sleep or to rest or to hide,” Mariah Morris said. “He wouldn’t wake up from that. So he would go into a coma, a diabetic coma and mostly likely die.”
How to help
Anyone with direct knowledge of where he may be are asked to call the Tooele City Police Department at 435-882-5600. Additional information on the search for the missing man can be found at the Find Rick Morris Facebook page.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says