St. George authorities investigating shooting of 19-year-old
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Authorities are investigating the shooting of a 19-year-old man Saturday night at Tonaquint Cemetery.
According to Tiffany Atkin of the St. George Police Department, a call came in at 8 p.m., of a traffic accident. When first responders arrived at the scene they discovered there was no accident, but instead a shooting victim. Atkin isn’t sure why the call was reported as an accident, and she isn’t sure who called it in.
The victim was transported to St. George Regional Hospital. His status is unknown.
This is an active investigation. The story will be updated as more details become available.
- More Utah residents support gun law reform in new poll
- Three officer-involved shootings keep police busy across northern Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces