St. George authorities investigating shooting of 19-year-old
Jul 10, 2021, 10:08 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:11 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Authorities are investigating the shooting of a 19-year-old man Saturday night at Tonaquint Cemetery.
According to Tiffany Atkin of the St. George Police Department, a call came in at 8 p.m., of a traffic accident. When first responders arrived at the scene they discovered there was no accident, but instead a shooting victim. Atkin isn’t sure why the call was reported as an accident, and she isn’t sure who called it in.
The victim was transported to St. George Regional Hospital. His status is unknown.
This is an active investigation. The story will be updated as more details become available.
- More Utah residents support gun law reform in new poll
- Three officer-involved shootings keep police busy across northern Utah
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases