Salt Lake Chamber Names Gary B. Porter As Next Chair
Porter is also currently the senior vice president of Deseret Management Corporation.*
He served previously as vice-chair of the Chamber and now succeeds outgoing chair, Craig Wagstaff.
A news release said Porter will focus on encouraging businesses to support educators and schools.
“We recognize the numerous things Gary has done for our community and we consider it a privilege to have him at the helm, representing businesses across the state,” said Derek Miller, president, and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber and Downtown Alliance.
“His leadership will be pivotal to our state’s long-term success, especially with his desire to focus on education at a time when it is so needed. Through his direction, the Chamber will continue to bolster the voice of business and champion community prosperity for everyone.”
Gary B. Porter is the Senior Vice President of the Deseret Management Corporation. In that position, he serves as President of Temple Square Hospitality Corporation, Executive Director of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Foundation, Human Resources, and Community Relations. Porter also served in the Welfare/Self-Reliance Services and Presiding Bishopric Administrative Services departments.
In a news release, the Chamber said Gary B. Porter’s knowledge and experience will drive Utah’s prosperity.
“I am honored to accept this role with the Salt Lake Chamber,” said Porter. “The Chamber’s initiatives, programs, and events have had a positive, long-lasting impact on our community. I hope to continue this tradition, and look forward to working with Chamber members, staff, and partners to further its mission within our state.”
*Bonneville International Corporation, the company that owns KSL Newsradio, is a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…