DAVIS COUNTY — The Davis and Weber Counties Canal Company is sending out a warning to people that their secondary water may be shut off soon.
Due to the extreme drought, the canal company said they will shut off secondary water on or before September 1 if water use increases.
The company delivers water to Clinton, West Point and parts of Kaysville, Layton and South Weber. They’re asking residents of parts of Davis and Weber Counties to reduce secondary water use, limit watering to twice a week and plan for a possible early shutdown.
They are also asking that residents not create a cross-connection because it will jeopardize drinking water systems.
Attention Davis & Weber Canal Company customers: pic.twitter.com/mZdJOU1Dog
— Kaysville City, Utah (@kaysvillecity) July 22, 2021
The company has introduced a new watering schedule based off of addresses.
If you are served by this water system and your house number ends in 0, 1, 2, or 3 they ask that you water on Monday and Thursday.
If your house number ends in 4, 5, or 6, you may water on Tuesday and Friday.
Residents of house numbers ending in 7, 8 and 9 may water Wednesday and Saturday.
They also ask that no watering happens between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm.
Riverdale Issues New Restrictions
The city of Riverdale is also imposing new watering restrictions due to the drought and dwindling water supply.
In a statement posted to Facebook, Riverdale Mayor Norm Searle says the well providing secondary water is running low. If it runs out completely, the city would lose half of its supply. That would result in all outside watering be shut down.
The city is asking people to only water twice per week. If you have spray heads, they ask you to limit watering to 20 minutes. For rotor-style heads, 40 minutes is permissible. Also, watering is a no-go from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Mayor Searle says they do not plan to use any “sprinkler police” to bust offenders, but the city will cite those blatantly skirting the restrictions.
The Riverdale splash pad will also be shut down August 2.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Fire burning at old Diamond Lil’s, set for destruction on Sunday
- Board of Education to investigate Cline post on Racial Healing Group
- Police say witness beat up minister for inappropriately touching a child at an OK bus stop
- Utah Jazz require COVID-19 vaccine or negative test for fans, new rule sparks heated reaction
- Utah Jazz add Holly Rowe to TV broadcast team
- Utah man has sights on a record-breaking pumpkin
- Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released