Fire causes evacuations in Weber County near Old Snowbasin Road
HUNTSVILLE, Utah — Authorities say a fire that forced the evacuation of homes near the Art Nord area off Old Snowbasin Road in Huntsville was started by target shooting. Around 50 acres have burned so far.
The Weber County Sheriff’s Office evacuated homes off Old Snowbasin Road while crews responded to fight the flames.
Officials offered a brief update Saturday evening. You can view the video below.
The evacuations come as a result of a large grass fire.
The Weber Fire District reports the fire is burning with the help of heavy fuel, and that multiple homes are threatened.
Weber & units from Morgan/Davis County, Forest Service & Air Support are on a large grass fire in Art Nord area off old Snowbasin Road. It’s approx. 8 acres with heavy fuel & multiple homes threatened. They have been evacuated by Weber County Sheriff’s.#carepreparerespond pic.twitter.com/pQz99qzfH5
— Weber Fire District (@WeberFireDist) July 25, 2021
#uwcnf Ogden Ranger District, #ArtNordfire located near Snowbasin, approx 50 acres cause target shooting. Burning in grass and brush. Resources on scene 1-20 person crew (1 on order), 4 Engines, 2 helicopters, 4 seats, 2 heavy air tankers. Structures threatened. pic.twitter.com/duTvNl6enw
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 25, 2021
This story will be updated.
- Human-caused fires below average for July, officials thankful to public
- Gov. Cox nixes fireworks on state lands, beginning Tuesday June 8
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- ‘You’re going to see acts that defy humanity,’ police chief says, as…
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Utah congressman discusses his bill to ban US teens under 16 from using social media
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”