Police investigating deadly hit-and-run crash in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY– Salt Lake City Police are investigating a fatal hit-and-run crash that claimed the life of one person on Monday morning.
Police were responding to an unrelated call around 8:30 a.m. when they heard a crash near 551 West and 300 South in Salt Lake City.
Officers nearby the scene of the crash tried to “give life-saving aid to the victim until fire arrived,” Sgt. Horrocks with SLCPD told KSL, “but unfortunately that person succumbed to their injuries and passed away.”
The involved driver fled the scene. We are currently looking for a silver 2013 Subaru Impreza station wagon with heavy front-end damage. (2/3)
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) July 26, 2021
“The vehicle collided with another individual on the other side of the roadway [of where the officers were] and left the scene,” said Sgt. Horrocks.
The surrounding area of 300 South between 500 West and 600 West will be closed for several hours as police investigate the hit-and-run.
Authorities say they are looking for a silver 2013 Subaru Impreza station wagon with the Utah license plate U77 0CA. Police expected the vehicle to have heavy front-end damage.
If you see the vehicle in question or know any information about the incident, SLCPD asks you to call 801-799-3000.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber