Back to school: Don’t forget about the other important immunizations
SALT LAKE CITY — Many people have been focusing on the COVID-19 vaccinations since they became available near the first of the year — so much so that they have forgotten about other important immunizations.
Intermountain Healthcare Dr. Neal Davis told KSL TV’s Aley Davis that fewer students have been getting the regular immunizations during the pandemic. These regular shots protect children from pathogens such as polio, chickenpox and measles.
“If you get the vaccine now,” he said, “you can get the second dose in three weeks, and you are off to a really good start for the school year.”
Davis said that while the vaccination for COVID-19 should be a top priority, the recommended wait period for additional shots has changed. He said that you can get all the vaccinations at the same time.
What else do you need to know about recommended vaccinations for school? View the original story at KSLTV.com.
- “Another step in the wrong direction,” says Cox in response to Utah reporting over 1k new cases of COVID-19 Thursday
- Pfizer data suggest third dose of Covid-19 vaccine “strongly” boosts protection against Delta variant
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Obtain a flu shot.
- Seek out the COVID-19 vaccine.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says