SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a flash flood watch for most of central and easter n Utah.
The NWS says that flash floods are expected for Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef National Parks as well as Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Grand Staircase Escalante, Grand Gulch and the San Rafael Swell. They also expect possible flooding in Zion National Park and probable flooding in Bryce Canyon National Park.
The flood watch is in effect from noon on Monday until 9 pm.
FLASH FLOOD WATCH for central and eastern Utah https://t.co/7L1rNlI00E
— Colby Walker (@walk_colb) August 2, 2021
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- Utah Tech recommended as new name for Dixie State
- Spanx employees given $10,000 and two first-class plane tickets
- Buzz Lightyear’s origin story is teased in a new trailer from Pixar
- Crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon claims one life, seriously injures child
- Investigators confused Brian Laundrie’s mother for him while watching their home,…
- Utah update: 2,000 new cases of COVID-19
- What will a Covid-19 vaccine for younger kids mean? An expert weighs in
- Intermountain Healthcare vaccine requirement
- Overdue Colorado hiker ignores calls from rescuers thinking they were scammers