SALT LAKE CITY — 500 South will be delayed near the U of U campus due to construction. An alert from Utah Department of Transportation and Utah Transit Authority informed drivers of the closure which will cause delays and detours for a few weeks.
From Wednesday August 8 at 6 a.m., until Wednesday August 18 at 6 p.m., the road will be closed. Westbound lanes of 500 South will be closed at Guardsman Way to 1500 East in Salt Lake City. Eastbound 500 South will be delayed and down to two lanes at 1200 East to Guardsman Way.
This area is located right in front of the Rice Eccles Stadium. Drivers will need to detour through the University of Utah campus.
UTA explained the closure is replacing a section of light rail track by the University of Utah Campus. The rails are about 20 years old and need to be replaced for safety reasons.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- Part of Lindon goes on lockdown as police look for suspect
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Attorney: Person of interest in Gabby Petito case is now missing
- Breaking: Paraglider crash in Draper claims one life
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Destructive TikTok licks trend hits Utah schools
- Gabby Petito’s family and police urge her fiancé to come forward with any information…