Traffic Alert: 500 South will be delayed near U of U campus
SALT LAKE CITY — 500 South will be delayed near the U of U campus due to construction. An alert from Utah Department of Transportation and Utah Transit Authority informed drivers of the closure which will cause delays and detours for a few weeks.
From Wednesday August 8 at 6 a.m., until Wednesday August 18 at 6 p.m., the road will be closed. Westbound lanes of 500 South will be closed at Guardsman Way to 1500 East in Salt Lake City. Eastbound 500 South will be delayed and down to two lanes at 1200 East to Guardsman Way.
This area is located right in front of the Rice Eccles Stadium. Drivers will need to detour through the University of Utah campus.
UTA explained the closure is replacing a section of light rail track by the University of Utah Campus. The rails are about 20 years old and need to be replaced for safety reasons.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Fatal accident temporarily closes SR 190 in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- Parents, need a side hustle? The Murray School District is hiring
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Police looking for suspect in West Valley drive-by shooting