Traffic Alert: 500 South will be delayed near U of U campus
SALT LAKE CITY — 500 South will be delayed near the U of U campus due to construction. An alert from Utah Department of Transportation and Utah Transit Authority informed drivers of the closure which will cause delays and detours for a few weeks.
From Wednesday August 8 at 6 a.m., until Wednesday August 18 at 6 p.m., the road will be closed. Westbound lanes of 500 South will be closed at Guardsman Way to 1500 East in Salt Lake City. Eastbound 500 South will be delayed and down to two lanes at 1200 East to Guardsman Way.
This area is located right in front of the Rice Eccles Stadium. Drivers will need to detour through the University of Utah campus.
UTA explained the closure is replacing a section of light rail track by the University of Utah Campus. The rails are about 20 years old and need to be replaced for safety reasons.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says