Accident on I-80 sends two to the hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — A pickup truck pulling a camper trailer lost control and rolled on westbound I-80 near milepost 165 near Echo Reservoir Sunday afternoon.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the two occupants in the truck were wearing seatbelts. Because of the crash, however, they required extrication out of the vehicle.
One of the occupants suffered non-life threatening injuries and a partial amputation. Both individuals were transported by air ambulance to an area hospital for treatment.
Because of the accident, traffic through the area has been limited to one lane.
- One man is dead following crash on I-70
- I-80 Crash in Parley’s Canyon creates huge backups for morning commuters
- One man killed in rollover accident on I-80 near Wendover
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Utah wildfires currently burning within the state