DRAPER, Utah — Planners at The Point want the public to see their framework. New plans are taking shape for a massive development at Point of the Mountain.
And you can now see for yourself the framework for the development that could take the place of the state prison.
Planners at The Point
There is an open house Thursday August 12 from 4-7 p.m. It’s at the Fred House Training Academy, 14727 Minuteman Drive in Draper.
It will also be streamed on The Point’s YouTube Chanel.
The lead planners, officials and executives from The Point of the Mountain State Land Authority (Land Authority) will be there.
The development will offer affordable housing
The Point as it’s called right now is expected to be a “15-minute city” on 600 acres. They want to have homes, jobs, entertainment, retail and schools all in a walkable or transit-oriented spot.
The planners told the KSL and Deseret News Editorial Boards this week they expect that means families will only need one car.
They also said the project should create up to 40,000 high-paying jobs.And they’d like to see a world-class monument there, like the Space Needle or Eiffel Tower.
When the executive director spoke with KSL’s Inside Sources, he also talked about affordable housing.
But don’t expect grassy open space. They say that takes too much watering. Planners told KSL NewsRadio last year that it should be the greenest, most innovative development in Utah if they get their way.
It is set to be one of the largest developments in Utah’s history. That’s why they want to vet it with the public with Thursday’s open house.
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- FBI confirms body found in Grand Teton area matches Gabby Petito’s description