SALT LAKE CITY — Many Utahns overwhelmingly favor the recently passed by the Senated infrastructure bill. In fact, in this year of extreme drought statewide, 96% support upgrading and improving water infrastructure and storage capability. This is according to a poll* from Public Opinion Strategies on behalf of The Nature Conservancy.
Political strategist and Exoro Group President Maura Carabello joined Inside Sources host Boyd Matheson. They discussed the findings of the infrastructure poll. Two of the questions in the poll received overwhelming support among Utahns:
- 93% of Utahns overhauling support upgrading transportation across the country, including repairing and upgrading roads, bridges, and rail lines.
- By a margin of 84% to 14%, Utah voters support using “federal infrastructure funds to invest in greater water conservation efforts, reduce wildfire risks and improve forest resilience.” Even 80% of Republicans support this.
“Decreasing our dependence on foreign oil is really a high priority across the political spectrum in Utah,” Carabello said. 42% of those polled said this was a very high priority.
Utah backs using renewable energy, according to infrastructure poll
She added that Utahns are readying to investigate energy diversity as well, with all renewable sources polling above 80% favorability.
- Solar power (89% favorable),
- hydropower (81%),
- geothermal power (81%) and
- wind power (80%)
“We’re [Utahns] really focused on climate, if that’s what you call water and wildfire and air quality, and all these new fuels. We’re really interested in being innovators in these areas,” Carabello said.
*The poll of 600 Utahns was conducted July 12-14 and has a margin of error of +/- 4.0% in 95 out of 100 cases.
Inside Sources with Boyd Matheson can be heard weekdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on KSL NewsRadio. Users can find the show on the KSL NewsRadio website and app.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton…
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Law enforcement expert worries Moab’s investigation into Petito incident may be too narrow
- FBI: Remains found in Wyoming belong to Gabby Petito
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Utah National Guard soldier dies in training exercises in Kentucky
- FBI confirms body found in Grand Teton area matches Gabby Petito’s description