Park City School District announces changes to school schedule
PARK CITY, Utah– The fire in Parleys Canyon has prompted the Park City School District (PCSD) to announce changes to their 2021-2022 school schedule. Based on the ongoing evacuation order for upper Pinebrook and Summit Park areas, the schools have made adjustments to their schedules.
Changes to school schedule
Due to the fire, the beginning of the academic year for pre-kindergarten through high school students is temporarily delayed. “All pre-K-12th grade students will begin the academic year together on Monday, August 23,” the district said in a statement.
However, the Elementary School Meet and Greet for families will go on as scheduled Tuesday, August 17 from 2:00 – 3:30 P.M. This time can be used “as a drop-in to leave supplies or simply to say hello to your child’s teacher and to see the classroom,” the statement said.
The final day of school has not changed, it will be Friday, June 3, 2022.
Adhere to COVID-19 mitigation practices
With a large number of patrons visiting the schools, PCSD has asked the public to adhere to COVID-19 mitigation practices.
“We appreciate your support in adhering to best practices to mitigate COVID including use of hand sanitizer and consideration of donning a facemask for that short visit,” the statement said.
Masks are not required in the classroom for teachers or students but, there are plenty available.
Utah school districts first day of school
Several Utah school districts reported a smooth and exciting first day of school on Monday as students happily returned to the classroom.
Jeff Haney, the spokesman for Canyons School District, reported it was overall a successful first day back. The only complaint schools had related to poor air quality.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Is illness or poor air quality causing that cough?