SWAT standoff unfolding in Millcreek
MILLCREEK, Utah — The Unified Police Department are involved in a SWAT situation near 3900 South and Highland Drive Friday night.
Officers were called to the scene on a report of shots fired. Once they arrived, more shots were heard.
According to KSL-TV’s Andrew Adams, officers freed an elderly woman, while coming under fire inside the residence. Due to her age, the woman suffered some injuries.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided when it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023