SALT LAKE CITY — A 65-year-old male from West Valley City died in a crash on I-215 in the early minutes of Saturday morning.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the man was driving a Ford F-150 south on 1-215 when he crashed into the left concrete barrier at 12:49 a.m. The truck slid along the barrier for a ways before coming to a stop.
Once the vehicle came to a stop, the UHP says the driver got out of the vehicle and walked into path of traffic. He was struck by a Chevy Express Van. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The UHP says witnesses reported seeing the man walk into traffic.
Troopers on scene also suspect the victim may have been intoxicated. The UHP reports there were alcohol containers were found in the truck.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Crew member yelled ‘cold gun’ as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court…
- Tom Little – Lakeview Elementary School
- Driver injured in West Valley City single-car rollover
- Pair of incidents Thursday in Grand County kept authorities busy
- Comcast outage from Bountiful to Ogden
- Elder David A. Bednar makes a ministry stop in Jordan
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Director of photography killed, movie director injured after Alec Baldwin discharged prop…
- Teen disappears after boat capsized
- Fun facts about the Olympics