SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department announced Sunday it has made an arrest in a triple-shooting that occurred in downtown last month.
Authorities arrested 27-year-old Rene Mendoza on Friday. He has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail under investigation for three counts of aggravated assault.
The investigation began on Aug. 27 when authorities received a 911 call of a shooting at 2:09 a.m. The shooting happened near 32 East Exchange Place.
According to police, Mendoza fled the scene before authorities could arrive. Detectives reviewed surveillance video of the incident to identify Mendoza.
All three of the shooting victims, ages 22, 25 and 31, survived.
Today’s Top Stories
- Crew member yelled ‘cold gun’ as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court…
- Tom Little – Lakeview Elementary School
- Driver injured in West Valley City single-car rollover
- Pair of incidents Thursday in Grand County kept authorities busy
- Comcast outage from Bountiful to Ogden
- Elder David A. Bednar makes a ministry stop in Jordan
- Director of photography killed, movie director injured after Alec Baldwin discharged prop…
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Teen disappears after boat capsized
- Fun facts about the Olympics