SANDY, Utah — Police in Sandy now say two men found dead inside a residence overnight died by suicide.
Sgt. Clay Swensen said officers began life-saving efforts on the two men, but they succumbed to their injuries.
The names of the two victims have not been released.
Suicide prevention resources
If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, call the suicide prevention hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Utah County Crisis Line: 801-691-5433
- Salt Lake County/UNI Crisis Line: 801-587-3000
- Wasatch Mental Health Crisis Line: 801-373-7393
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project Hotline for LGBTQ teens: 1-866-488-7386
- NAMI Utah: https://amiut.org
- Utah Chapter-American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: https://afsputah.com
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The SafeUT App: https://safeut.org/
Warning signs of suicide
- Talking about wanting to die
- Looking for a way to kill oneself
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no purpose
- Thoughts or comments about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Talking about being a burden to others
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
- Acting anxious, agitated or recklessly
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
- Displaying extreme mood swings
The more of these signs a person shows, the greater the risk. Warning signs are associated with suicide but may not be what causes suicide.
What to do if you see warning signs of suicide
- Do not leave the person alone
- Remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt
- Call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional
Information from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Sandy Fire Department responds to shed fire
- Police look for Laundrie in reserve; Petito still not found
- The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- 12-year-old injured in Blanding hit-and-run incident
- Relentlessly Resilient: Brent and Jennie Taylor’s story of faithful resilience
- Hikers find body in a Wasatch-Uintah ridgeline trail
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Utah house speaker, senate president not fans of Biden vaccine plan