SALT LAKE CITY — Police were called to the scene of what started as a hit and run at 11:10 pm on Wednesday night near 900 West 1000 North.
Lt. Valencia with the Salt Lake Police Department says medical crews declared the 20-year old woman deceased at the scene.
The boyfriend of the victim told officers he and his girlfriend were drinking alcohol and they got into a fight over a television show. According to the boyfriend, the woman stormed out of the house.
A short time later, the boyfriend said he heard a loud crash. When he came out of the house, he saw a white car speeding away.
While officers were on the scene “the white car came back.” said Lt. Valencia. The female driver is cooperating with police.
Investigators are reconstructing what led to the fatal crash and DUI doesn’t appear to be a factor. However, “It’s still too early to say for sure as the investigation is still ongoing.” said Valencia.
The name of the victim and driver have not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Concealed firearm permit applications drop after new Utah law takes effect
- Israeli scuba diver discovers ancient Crusader sword
- Utah labor shortage: Why employees are quitting and where they’re going
- Murder victim’s family demands ‘Justicia para Gaby,’ calls on suspect to surrender
- October storm brings snow and rain across Utah
- Forget Kanye West. He’s now officially changed his name to just Ye
- A Utah lab could help solve the Atlanta Child Murders cold case
- New record in supply chain crunch as 100 cargo ships wait to unload
- Abandoned uranium mines threaten Navajo people
- Woods Cross man charged with child abuse during a game of broom hockey