Police say argument over a television show leads to a fatal accident
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were called to the scene of what started as a hit and run at 11:10 pm on Wednesday night near 900 West 1000 North.
Lt. Valencia with the Salt Lake Police Department says medical crews declared the 20-year old woman deceased at the scene.
The boyfriend of the victim told officers he and his girlfriend were drinking alcohol and they got into a fight over a television show. According to the boyfriend, the woman stormed out of the house.
A short time later, the boyfriend said he heard a loud crash. When he came out of the house, he saw a white car speeding away.
While officers were on the scene “the white car came back.” said Lt. Valencia. The female driver is cooperating with police.
Investigators are reconstructing what led to the fatal crash and DUI doesn’t appear to be a factor. However, “It’s still too early to say for sure as the investigation is still ongoing.” said Valencia.
The name of the victim and driver have not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah judge cancels hearing on trans athlete ruling in favor of written opinion
- Suspect in Heber murder found dead, police say
- Colorado River falls into Tier 2 shortage, new cuts coming for Southwest
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Power outage impacting much of Magna and West Valley City
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley