Police say argument over a television show leads to a fatal accident
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were called to the scene of what started as a hit and run at 11:10 pm on Wednesday night near 900 West 1000 North.
Lt. Valencia with the Salt Lake Police Department says medical crews declared the 20-year old woman deceased at the scene.
The boyfriend of the victim told officers he and his girlfriend were drinking alcohol and they got into a fight over a television show. According to the boyfriend, the woman stormed out of the house.
A short time later, the boyfriend said he heard a loud crash. When he came out of the house, he saw a white car speeding away.
While officers were on the scene “the white car came back.” said Lt. Valencia. The female driver is cooperating with police.
Investigators are reconstructing what led to the fatal crash and DUI doesn’t appear to be a factor. However, “It’s still too early to say for sure as the investigation is still ongoing.” said Valencia.
The name of the victim and driver have not yet been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- BREAKING: Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- The woman who almost played for the Jazz has died
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- BYU and partners offer COVID-19 testing for symptomatic individuals
- Sen. President Adams says he’s safe to return to work after positive COVID test
- Which Utah schools are remote and which schools are in person?
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?