The latest in the case of missing woman Gabby Petito
SALT LAKE CITY — This document is intended to provide up-to-the-minute news regarding the search for Gabby Petito as well as the search for the person of interest in Petito’s disappearance, Brian Laundrie.
8:39 p.m., MDT, September 18, 2021
The FBI is asking if you were in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area between Aug. 27-30, contact the FBI.
If you were in the area of Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, as identified in the attached map, during the timeframe of August 27-30, 2021, and saw Gabby and/or her boyfriend or their vehicle, please provide that information to the FBI. pic.twitter.com/AN6KkxEeLl
— FBI Denver (@FBIDenver) September 19, 2021
6:06 p.m., MDT, September 18, 2021
The North Port Police’s search of Carlton, Fla., is being called for the evening due to darkness. Authorities report nothing was found. Search efforts will resume Sunday morning.
3:05 p.m., MDT, September 18, 2021
There are inaccurate reports of a body being found where authorities are searching for Brian Laundrie. Authorities state those reports are false.
1:30 p.m., MDT, September 18, 2021
Police in North Port, Florida, release more images in relation to the search of person-of-interest Brian Laundrie.
1:00 p.m., MDT, September 18, 2021
At approximately 1:00 p.m. MDT on Saturday, the Federal Bureau of Investigations Denver office tweeted that the FBI in conjunction with the National Park Service and others were involved in ground surveys in portions of Grant Teton National Park.
The areas are “relevant to the investigation into Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance,” the tweet read.
#UPDATE: The #FBI and our partners at the National Park Service, Teton County Sheriff’s Office & Jackson Police Department are currently conducting ground surveys in areas of Grand Teton National Park that are relevant to the investigation into Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance. pic.twitter.com/QvLmaTKWo8
— FBI Denver (@FBIDenver) September 18, 2021
11:22 a.m., MDT, September 18, 2021
A woman on TikTok, Miranda Baker, has uploaded several videos to the social media platform detailing an encounter she claims to have had with person-of-interest, Brian Laundrie.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Child dies after hit and run in West Valley
- One man dead after shooting in Draper early Thursday morning
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah business Lions Not Sheep responds to FTC fraud claims
- Canyons School District starting the year with a teacher and staff shortage
- Breeze Airways announces additional flights out of Provo Airport
- Sportsmanship exemplified in grace of Little League batter
- Two Tooele houses struck by lightning in yesterday’s storm
- Video shows chaotic scene of American Fork burglary suspect fleeing Walmart parking lot,…