1 teen dead and 2 injured in a bus stop shooting in Louisville, police say
(CNN) — A drive-by shooting at a bus stop in Louisville, Kentucky, Wednesday morning left one teen dead and two other children injured, police said in a series of tweets.
The apparent drive-by shooting occurred around 6:30 a.m. at Dr. WJ Hodge and Chestnut Streets, as kids waited for the bus, the Louisville Metro Police Department said.
treated for non-life-threatening injuries at Kosair and a juvenile female was treated for minor injuries on scene. We are working with JCPS as this unfolds. Anyone with any information please call 574-LMPD, you can remain anonymous. #LMPD
— LMPD (@LMPD) September 22, 2021
A teenage boy was shot and transported to University of Louisville Hospital where he was pronounced dead, police said.
A second male teen was taken to Kosair Children’s Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, police said in the tweets. A juvenile female was treated for minor injuries at the scene, police said.
Anyone with information is urged to call police.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- What you should do to prevent an attack from an animal like a pit bull