Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
SALT LAKE CITY — A woman on Instagram has posted information about a couple at a Wyoming restaurant that she says were Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.
Instagram story details possible Petito encounter
On her Instagram story, a woman using the screen name @NinaCelie discussed an encounter she and her boyfriend had at the Merry Piglett’s Mexican Grill in Jackson Hole, Wyo., on Aug. 27, 2021.
“Matt and I just realized … that we saw, not only saw but saw a blowout of a situation between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie in Wyoming when we were there,” her Instagram story begins.
She claims that her boyfriend, referred to in the Instagram story as Matt, has an “insane photographic memory.” One morning recently he remembered the fight at the restaurant on Aug. 27 and that he believed the couple involved were Laundrie and Petito.
A timeline compiled by ABC News shows that the last time Petito spoke with her mother was on Aug. 25.
Continuing on her Instagram story, Celie said that the restaurant kicked the arguing couple out.
“They were fighting with the hostess. She was hysterically crying,” Celie said. “And he walked back in the restaurant and he was fighting with the hostess.”
“He walked back in like, four times to talk to the manager and tell the hostess off,” Celie said.
A sudden recollection
Celie said that she and her boyfriend stayed in Wyoming for several more days participating in a wedding, and that she did not think of the fighting couple again. She said it was her boyfriend, Matt, that couldn’t stop thinking about where he had seen Laundrie before.
She said that on Wednesday morning, the boyfriend sat up and screamed that he had remembered where he’d seen Laundrie: in that restaurant in Wyoming on the evening of Aug. 27.
“He was violently talking to the hostess,” Celie continued. “You could tell he was angry.”
“Whatever it was, he was relentless. He wouldn’t drop it.”
FBI still seeking information
Thus far, no one can verify whether Celie’s sighting was indeed of Petito and Laundrie or someone else. The FBI asked anyone who was in the area between Aug. 27 and Aug. 30, 2021, to contact them, uploading any potential video or photographic evidence to this site.
Laundrie, who traveled across the country with Petito starting in June, returned to his home on Sept. 1 in Petito’s white van. Petito was not with him.
Her family reported Petito missing on Sept. 11. His family reported Laundrie missing on Sept. 17.
Petito’s body was found Sept. 19 in the Bridger-Teton National Park. It was identified as that of Petito on Sept. 21.
- Arches ranger remembers warning Gabby Petito about toxic relationship
- 911 call that prompted interaction with Gabby Petito released
- Florida sheriff said man seen on trail camera is not Brian Laundrie
- Race should not matter in search for missing women, advocate says
- The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiancé, resumes in the Carlton Reserve. Here’s why it’s been so hard to find him
- FBI confirms body found in Grand Teton area matches Gabby Petito’s description
Stay tuned to KSL NewsRadio for the latest.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville