(CNN) — [Breaking news update, published at 4:23 p.m. ET]
Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane says there are 13 victims, one of whom died, after a shooting in a Kroger. The shooter was found deceased, the chief said.
[Previous story, published at 4:06 p.m. ET]
A shooting took place at a Kroger in Collierville, Tennessee, just east of Memphis on Thursday afternoon, according to Jennifer Casey, a spokesperson for the town.
Casey later told the The Commercial Appeal newspaper there were multiple injuries and people were being taken to the hospital following the shooting at the grocery store.
Casey did not know the extent of the injuries, according to the Commercial Appeal’s reporting.
The scene has since been secured and a media briefing is being set up, Casey told CNN.
Memphis police tweeted that the had gone to the store at 240 New Byhalia Road to assist.
Additional information was not immediately available.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- A motorcyclist is dead after crashing in West Jordan
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- Pair of Silver Alerts issued Saturday evening
- 5 Bear Lake trails to hike with the whole family this year