Police say witness beat up minister for inappropriately touching a child at an OK bus stop
OKLAHOMA CITY — A booking photo showed 33-year-old Michael Coghill with a black eye and a number of bruises and cuts on his face after police said another adult witnessed him inappropriately touch a child at a bus stop.
In a post to social media the Oklahoma City Police Department said an adult, “witnessed and videotaped Coghill touching child [sic] at bus stop.”
After that, police said that adult witness confronted Coghill and a physical altercation happened.
Police said that Coghill was arrested on Wednesday on a complaint of lewd/indecent acts to a child.
Tulsa News Channel 8 reports that the 9-year-old told police Coghill was a frequent jogger in the area and that this wasn’t the first time he had made kids feel uncomfortable.
They report the child told an adult about the situation which caused the adult witness to stay at the bus stop to see what happened.
That’s when the witness said they saw Coghill place his hand on the child’s side and move it to the backside of the child. When that happened, the other adult said they stopped recording their video, exited the car and confronted Coghill.
Channel 8 said that police reports show Coghill tried to run away when the witness tackled him to the ground and a fight broke out between the two.
The Lakehoma Church of Christ in Mustang, OK confirmed on their Facebook page that Coghill was a discipleship minister at their church and has been working with them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- A Google analysis shows which words are the most confusing to Americans
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Pantone reveals 2023 Color of the Year and new exhibit