OKLAHOMA CITY — A booking photo showed 33-year-old Michael Coghill with a black eye and a number of bruises and cuts on his face after police said another adult witnessed him inappropriately touch a child at a bus stop.
In a post to social media the Oklahoma City Police Department said an adult, “witnessed and videotaped Coghill touching child [sic] at bus stop.”
After that, police said that adult witness confronted Coghill and a physical altercation happened.
Police said that Coghill was arrested on Wednesday on a complaint of lewd/indecent acts to a child.
Tulsa News Channel 8 reports that the 9-year-old told police Coghill was a frequent jogger in the area and that this wasn’t the first time he had made kids feel uncomfortable.
They report the child told an adult about the situation which caused the adult witness to stay at the bus stop to see what happened.
That’s when the witness said they saw Coghill place his hand on the child’s side and move it to the backside of the child. When that happened, the other adult said they stopped recording their video, exited the car and confronted Coghill.
Channel 8 said that police reports show Coghill tried to run away when the witness tackled him to the ground and a fight broke out between the two.
The Lakehoma Church of Christ in Mustang, OK confirmed on their Facebook page that Coghill was a discipleship minister at their church and has been working with them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home