BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A two-vehicle accident in Box Elder County Thursday afternoon claimed the life of a 22-year-old individual.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred on SR-30 near the Beaver Dam area at milepost 98 at 12:07 p.m.
Witnesses tell the UHP, the driver of the Honda Accord was passing another vehicle in a no-passing zone at a high-rate of speed. According to witnesses, the Honda Accord attempted to go around another car. However, the driver lost control of the vehicle and went into oncoming traffic.
According to first responders, the Honda Accord was sideways when it was hit by a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria. The Ford was traveling eastbound.
The driver of the Honda Accord suffered fatal injuries as a result of the crash. The victim has been identified as Mercedes Davis, of Providence.
Two individuals in the Ford Crown Victoria were transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The highway was closed for a little more than two hours for the investigation and clean up.
- Sandy police investigate fatal car crash
- Multiple car crash at I-15 Southbound near 400 south lanes closed
- Fatal car crash closes I-15 Southbound in Murray for 1 hour during morning commute
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home