A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A two-vehicle accident in Box Elder County Thursday afternoon claimed the life of a 22-year-old individual.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred on SR-30 near the Beaver Dam area at milepost 98 at 12:07 p.m.
Witnesses tell the UHP, the driver of the Honda Accord was passing another vehicle in a no-passing zone at a high-rate of speed. According to witnesses, the Honda Accord attempted to go around another car. However, the driver lost control of the vehicle and went into oncoming traffic.
According to first responders, the Honda Accord was sideways when it was hit by a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria. The Ford was traveling eastbound.
The driver of the Honda Accord suffered fatal injuries as a result of the crash. The victim has been identified as Mercedes Davis, of Providence.
Two individuals in the Ford Crown Victoria were transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The highway was closed for a little more than two hours for the investigation and clean up.
- Sandy police investigate fatal car crash
- Multiple car crash at I-15 Southbound near 400 south lanes closed
- Fatal car crash closes I-15 Southbound in Murray for 1 hour during morning commute
Today’s Top Stories
- BREAKING: Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- The woman who almost played for the Jazz has died
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- BYU and partners offer COVID-19 testing for symptomatic individuals
- Sen. President Adams says he’s safe to return to work after positive COVID test
- Which Utah schools are remote and which schools are in person?
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?