A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A two-vehicle accident in Box Elder County Thursday afternoon claimed the life of a 22-year-old individual.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the accident occurred on SR-30 near the Beaver Dam area at milepost 98 at 12:07 p.m.
Witnesses tell the UHP, the driver of the Honda Accord was passing another vehicle in a no-passing zone at a high-rate of speed. According to witnesses, the Honda Accord attempted to go around another car. However, the driver lost control of the vehicle and went into oncoming traffic.
According to first responders, the Honda Accord was sideways when it was hit by a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria. The Ford was traveling eastbound.
The driver of the Honda Accord suffered fatal injuries as a result of the crash. The victim has been identified as Mercedes Davis, of Providence.
Two individuals in the Ford Crown Victoria were transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The highway was closed for a little more than two hours for the investigation and clean up.
- Sandy police investigate fatal car crash
- Multiple car crash at I-15 Southbound near 400 south lanes closed
- Fatal car crash closes I-15 Southbound in Murray for 1 hour during morning commute
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility