Another rough game for Zach Wilson as Jets lose at Denver
DENVER — The struggles of the New York Jets continued Sunday afternoon in a 26-0 loss to the Denver Broncos in the Mile High City.
One week after throwing four interceptions in a home loss to New England, former BYU quarterback Zach Wilson had another rough game Sunday.
By the numbers for the New York Jets
Wilson finished 19-of-35 passing for 160 yards and two interceptions. He was also sacked five times for a loss of 41 yards. In Sunday’s loss, the Jets averaged just 3 yards per pass completion. New York also finished with a 162 yards of total offense.
Through the first three games, Wilson has thrown seven interceptions, while throwing two touchdown passes. As a result, the Jets have yet to hold a lead this season.
Was it harder than Wilson expected?
After Sunday’s loss, Wilson was asked if the transition to the NFL was harder than he expected.
“I wouldn’t say it was harder than I expected,” he said in a postgame press conference. “I knew it was going to be hard, right? I mean, if you think about it every single guy on both sides of the ball was the best player on their college team. So I understand it was going to be challenging. But, you know, I’m in this position for a reason. And I’m going to keep getting better and do what I can.”
The Jets (0-3) will host Tennessee (2-1) next Sunday at 11 a.m. New York will also play at Atlanta on Oct. 10.
- BYU football coach Kalani Sitake excited for Zach Wilson and other players at NFL draft
- Zach Wilson struggles in Week 2 loss to New England
- Namath excited for Zach Wilson, says Jets fans ‘deserve’ a title
- Newest New York Jets QB Zach Wilson gets touching letter from parents on NFL Draft Day
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors