Garfield County crash claims the life of cyclist
GARFIELD COUNTY, Utah — A one-vehicle accident in Garfield County claimed the life of a cyclist Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Department of Public Safety, a black 2012 Subaru Forester was driving north on SR-89 at roughly milepost 117.5. At that time, the car drifted off the road to the right. As it exited the highway, it hit a pedal cyclist from behind. The cyclist was on shoulder traveling northbound.
After the collision, both the cyclist and vehicle went down a ravine. The cyclist, who died at the scene, came to a rest at the bottom of it. The vehicle rolled down the ravine and came to a stop on the driver side.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation. The victim has been identified as Tyler Droeger, 27, of Manawa, Wisconsin.
- Falling tree kills motorcyclist on Cedar Canyon Road in Garfield County
- Flash flood warning issued for parts of Garfield, Kane Counties
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- House OKs Democrats’ bill blocking Trump emergency on wall
- No longer in the dark: Navajo Nation homes get electricity
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- Orem, Alpine School District split debate centers on whose math you believe
- BYU moves summer classes online
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber