1 dead in shooting in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police have confirmed that a man is dead in West Valley City after a shooting on Monday morning.
WVCPD Public information officer Roxanne Vainuku said officers got a call shortly after 7 am that two gunshots had been heard around 3800 S 4200 W and that a man was on the ground.
“Our officers responded and found a man on the ground the Fire Department also responded and pronounced the man dead on the scene,” Vainuku said.
She added that police have been working to contact anyone who may have witnessed the shooting.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) October 4, 2021
Ben Horsley with the Granite School District said that there are no emergency protocols in place for the nearby Philo T. Farnsworth Elementary school and that while there is a road closure in the area, school will still start as scheduled at 9:00 am.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Utah Rep. Mia Love pushes for compromise bill on immigration