Google Fiber is coming to South Jordan
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah — The City of South Jordan allows Google Fiber Utah, LLC to install its network hardware throughout the city.
“We’re excited to have another internet provider here in South Jordan. Our residents and businesses have asked for more choices, and our City Council is happy to do its part to make that happen,” said Mayor Dawn Ramsey.
“We’re continuing to grow our network across the Wasatch Front [and] we look forward to connecting South Jordan residents to fast, reliable internet and expect to start offering service in some areas in early 2022,” Google Fiber’s Government and Community Affairs Manager Jacob Brace said.
Google Fiber is now planning the installation of its services and will continue to provide updates to the community as the project progresses.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in November