Police investigate stabbing at Liberty Park
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating a stabbing that occurred Saturday evening at Liberty Park.
According to Lt. Steve Wooldridge of the Salt Lake City Police Department, a 34-year-old male was involved in an altercation of some sort just before 7:30 p.m. As he was leaving the park southbound, he was stabbed in his lower back.
Police say the man collapsed on 1300 South. Bystanders came to assist him, however, he was not cooperative.
Authorities say that no one has been taken into custody. They do, however, have a couple of suspects. The description of those suspects, however, are not very good.
Police also say the victim refused to be transported to the hospital for treatment.
No other information was available.
- Police search for suspect after shooting in Liberty Park
- UPDATE: Suspect remains in custody after Liberty Park stabbing
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court