Shots fired near Lake Park in West Valley
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Police have confirmed shots fired overnight in Lake Park.
The West Valley City Police Department responded to a call at 2:19 am near 2500 South Lake Park Circle. When they arrived at the scene they found shell casings and drops of blood. They confirmed at least one person injured in the shooting incident.
Police found two different juvenile groups, they suspect one group approached the other and stole their vehicle, causing a possible gunfire exchange.
Detectives are looking at nearby hospitals for the gunshot victim as they continue their investigation.
This story will be updated as new information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces