Shots fired near Lake Park in West Valley
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Police have confirmed shots fired overnight in Lake Park.
The West Valley City Police Department responded to a call at 2:19 am near 2500 South Lake Park Circle. When they arrived at the scene they found shell casings and drops of blood. They confirmed at least one person injured in the shooting incident.
Police found two different juvenile groups, they suspect one group approached the other and stole their vehicle, causing a possible gunfire exchange.
Detectives are looking at nearby hospitals for the gunshot victim as they continue their investigation.
This story will be updated as new information becomes available.
- Investigation into Rockville shooting incident continues
- Shooting in Layton lands man in police custody, accused of multiple crimes
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery