SALT LAKE CITY — It started off as an April Fools joke when the Wisconson based burger and cheese curd restaurant Culver’s teased a burger made of nothing but a giant cheese curd.
But the fan outcry caught the attention of the folks at Culver’s, because they are officially launching the CurderBurger for a limited single-day run this week.
“Guests’ appetites for the burger are sure to be high, as they’ve never seen anything quite like this: a Deluxe ButterBurger® topped with a crown of golden fried cheese. Made up of a blend of yellow and white cheddar Cheese Curds all surrounded by crispy seasoned bread crumbs, the cheese crown offers a warm, buttery crunch and gooey cheddar in every bite,” the company said.
Fans inspire real-life CurderBurger
Culver’s director of menu development Quinn Adkins said the move comes because of the fans. They deliberately chose National Cheese Curd Day (a holiday created by Culver’s, too) to roll it out.
@culversrestaurantsThis is what dreams are made of. Get a CurderBurger on Oct. 15! #curderburger #culvers #fyp #viral♬ original sound – Culver’s
“When we saw guests’ enthusiastic reactions to the April Fools’ Day post, we knew we had to make the CurderBurger a reality,” he said. “This burger gives them what they want and is a perfect way to celebrate the cheesiest holiday on the calendar.”
There will be a limited number of CurderBurgers available at all Culver’s locations. Some lucky fans will also be able to win a limited edition CurderBurger T-shirt by posting on social media.
Utah currently has 14 Culver’s locations across the state from Logan to St. George.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home