Fatal accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
GRANITE, Utah — Unified Police reported a fatal traffic accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Mandee Oberg from Lehi, Utah. UPD reported the accident took place near Tanner’s Flat in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The police reported that the canyon was closed shortly after the accident but has since opened.
UPD also reported an additional non-fatal rock climbing accident on the same day. A climber fell 30 feet from a climbing wall, also in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The climber was initially “unconscious and not breathing, however, “Things improved and he was able to walk out on his own power where he was transported to the hospital,” reported UPD.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- UTA board looks at FrontRunner expansion in Utah County
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors