Fatal accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
GRANITE, Utah — Unified Police reported a fatal traffic accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Mandee Oberg from Lehi, Utah. UPD reported the accident took place near Tanner’s Flat in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The police reported that the canyon was closed shortly after the accident but has since opened.
UPD also reported an additional non-fatal rock climbing accident on the same day. A climber fell 30 feet from a climbing wall, also in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The climber was initially “unconscious and not breathing, however, “Things improved and he was able to walk out on his own power where he was transported to the hospital,” reported UPD.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- “Work on what matters to America,” says Cox in State of the State
- U of U scientists test gel contraceptive for men, hope to ease burden of birth control for women
- Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- “Not unexpected” said Dr. Dunn after mask mandates in Utah shot down