Fatal accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
GRANITE, Utah — Unified Police reported a fatal traffic accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Mandee Oberg from Lehi, Utah. UPD reported the accident took place near Tanner’s Flat in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The police reported that the canyon was closed shortly after the accident but has since opened.
UPD also reported an additional non-fatal rock climbing accident on the same day. A climber fell 30 feet from a climbing wall, also in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The climber was initially “unconscious and not breathing, however, “Things improved and he was able to walk out on his own power where he was transported to the hospital,” reported UPD.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church missionary serving in Alabama injured in a shooting
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport
- U of U Utes win first Pac-12 championship; heading to the Rose Bowl
- Tooele County man is taken into custody after child porn investigation
- Odgen police arrest man after making threats toward his family, police
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Ten things you may not know about Jazz owner Ryan Smith
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 detected in first Utah patient
- Suspect’s parents charged in Michigan school shooting