Fatal accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
GRANITE, Utah — Unified Police reported a fatal traffic accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The victim has been identified as 21-year-old Mandee Oberg from Lehi, Utah. UPD reported the accident took place near Tanner’s Flat in Little Cottonwood Canyon. The police reported that the canyon was closed shortly after the accident but has since opened.
UPD also reported an additional non-fatal rock climbing accident on the same day. A climber fell 30 feet from a climbing wall, also in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
The climber was initially “unconscious and not breathing, however, “Things improved and he was able to walk out on his own power where he was transported to the hospital,” reported UPD.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Elk, again, trying to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Nikki Haley expected to announce presidential run in Charleston on Feb. 15