Substance use disorders and incarceration can damage the lives of individuals, families, and communities. Flourish Bakery’s internship program offers an innovative solution for those affected by these complex social issues. Flourish teaches the art and skills of professional baking while fostering hope, healing, and accountability to those recovering from substance use disorders with a history of incarceration.
Their program includes an internship where the interns earn a living wage, participate in wellness programs like weekly writing circles and workouts, and receive financial counseling. Simply put, Flourish Bakery’s internship program provides people with the opportunity to begin again.
You can order baked goods from Flourish’s online store or head to their “back door store” in historic downtown Midvale. Flourish offers cookies, pies, brownies, breakfast pastries, and more. All their products are made from local and organic ingredients. If you are interested in participating in the program or ordering a treat, visit FlourishSLC.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the passion for people provided by Flourish Bakery as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80