Block party to usher in Utah Jazz season Wednesday night
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz open the 2021-22 season Wednesday evening with a contest against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Vivint Arena at 7 p.m. But the excitement isn’t going to be just limited to inside the arena. The Jazz will host a block party, presented by Udo Wednesday, beginning at 5 p.m. The party will be held near the northeast entrance (the Jazz-note entrance). And it will run up until tipoff at 7 p.m.
The block party will include food, drinks, a team store tent and live entertainment.
The signature event of the block party will be Jazz fans’ opportunity to meet former Jazzman Mehmet Okur.
Okur played seven seasons with Utah from 2004 to 2011, and is considered to be a fan-favorite.
In addition, the block party will also give away standing-room only tickets to fans, who don’t have tickets to the game.
The Jazz finished with the best record in the NBA last season. However, Utah lost to the Los Angeles Clippers in six games in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs.
Utah will play its first road game of the season Friday night at Sacramento. The Jazz will also host Denver next Tuesday.
If you can’t make it to the game, you can listen to all of the action on KSL NewsRadio 1160 AM/102.7 FM. Click here to listen.
Whether or not you have a ticket to the game, come join us for the opening night block party on the northeast plaza!
— utahjazz (@utahjazz) October 20, 2021
- KSL Sports, NewsRadio announce new Utah Jazz partnership
- Utah Jazz require COVID-19 vaccine or negative test for fans, new rule sparks heated reaction
- Utah Jazz add Holly Rowe to TV broadcast team
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend