Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a suspect in connection to a shooting that took place early Sunday morning in downtown Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police responded to a call at 1:23 am near 500 West and 600 South.
At the scene police found 21-year-old Isaiah Valerio suffering from a gunshot wound. First aid was given to the victim but he has pronounced dead shortly after.
Police have identified 20-year-old Roy Anthony Duran as a suspect in connection to the incident.
I want to thank the community members and witnesses who came forward with critical information about this case. Those tips gave our detectives enough info to quickly ID the suspect.
Anyone with info on the location of this person should call 9-1-1 immediately. https://t.co/ppiOCkoXKT
— Chief Mike Brown (@ChiefMikeBrown) October 24, 2021
Duran, who should be considered armed and dangerous, police said, has tattoos on his right forearm and hand, along with one on his neck below his right ear.
Authorities are asking for public help, if you have any information on the suspect please call 9-1-1.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter
- Homeless camp cleanups continue in Salt Lake City