Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a suspect in connection to a shooting that took place early Sunday morning in downtown Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police responded to a call at 1:23 am near 500 West and 600 South.
At the scene police found 21-year-old Isaiah Valerio suffering from a gunshot wound. First aid was given to the victim but he has pronounced dead shortly after.
Police have identified 20-year-old Roy Anthony Duran as a suspect in connection to the incident.
I want to thank the community members and witnesses who came forward with critical information about this case. Those tips gave our detectives enough info to quickly ID the suspect.
Anyone with info on the location of this person should call 9-1-1 immediately. https://t.co/ppiOCkoXKT
— Chief Mike Brown (@ChiefMikeBrown) October 24, 2021
Duran, who should be considered armed and dangerous, police said, has tattoos on his right forearm and hand, along with one on his neck below his right ear.
Authorities are asking for public help, if you have any information on the suspect please call 9-1-1.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?