Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a suspect in connection to a shooting that took place early Sunday morning in downtown Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake City Police responded to a call at 1:23 am near 500 West and 600 South.
At the scene police found 21-year-old Isaiah Valerio suffering from a gunshot wound. First aid was given to the victim but he has pronounced dead shortly after.
Police have identified 20-year-old Roy Anthony Duran as a suspect in connection to the incident.
I want to thank the community members and witnesses who came forward with critical information about this case. Those tips gave our detectives enough info to quickly ID the suspect.
Anyone with info on the location of this person should call 9-1-1 immediately. https://t.co/ppiOCkoXKT
— Chief Mike Brown (@ChiefMikeBrown) October 24, 2021
Duran, who should be considered armed and dangerous, police said, has tattoos on his right forearm and hand, along with one on his neck below his right ear.
Authorities are asking for public help, if you have any information on the suspect please call 9-1-1.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Car carrying infant involved in overnight road rage shooting on SR 201
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- A North Carolina man accidentally bought 2 identical lottery tickets — and won 2 jackpots
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport