Body recovered from canal in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police have confirmed a body was found in a canal near the airport.
Lt. Cluff from Salt Lake City Police told KSL the body was found on North Star Drive and Redwood Road.
A caller said they thought they saw it the night before and went the next morning to confirm and saw the body still there. The same caller claims the body was not there two days ago and thinks it may be recent.
Fire crews are working to retrieve the body from the canal, no identification has been given on the body.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Judge grants request for preliminary injunction in Utah transgender sports law
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- July’s unemployment remains steady
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide