Body recovered from canal in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police have confirmed a body was found in a canal near the airport.
Lt. Cluff from Salt Lake City Police told KSL the body was found on North Star Drive and Redwood Road.
A caller said they thought they saw it the night before and went the next morning to confirm and saw the body still there. The same caller claims the body was not there two days ago and thinks it may be recent.
Fire crews are working to retrieve the body from the canal, no identification has been given on the body.
We will update this story as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Black Layton football player punished after being called a racial slur
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- What you need to know about the 2022 Sundance Film Festival and COVID-19
- Dropping ‘Big Lie’ a good first step toward compromise, says former Arizona senator
- How long can I reuse and wear my face mask or respirator?
- Chad Hayman, Tremonton Police Department
- Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City