University of Utah to retire No. 22 jersey Saturday night
SALT LAKE CITY — The No. 22 jersey will no longer be worn by members of the University of Utah football team.
The university will retire the jersey Saturday night. A ceremony will be held between the first and second quarters of the Utes’ home game with UCLA.
The number was worn by Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe. Jordan passed away on Dec. 26, 2020, while Lowe died on Sept. 26, 2021.
In a video that debuted in a game against Arizona State on Oct. 16, coach Kyle Whittingham encouraged fans to live the way his former players did to smile. And more importantly, strive to be 22 percent better every day.
Saturday night’s game is scheduled to kick at 8 p.m.
- U of U freshman running back Ty Jordan dies overnight
- Utah football player Aaron Lowe confirmed dead in SLC shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter