University of Utah to retire No. 22 jersey Saturday night
SALT LAKE CITY — The No. 22 jersey will no longer be worn by members of the University of Utah football team.
The university will retire the jersey Saturday night. A ceremony will be held between the first and second quarters of the Utes’ home game with UCLA.
The number was worn by Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe. Jordan passed away on Dec. 26, 2020, while Lowe died on Sept. 26, 2021.
In a video that debuted in a game against Arizona State on Oct. 16, coach Kyle Whittingham encouraged fans to live the way his former players did to smile. And more importantly, strive to be 22 percent better every day.
Saturday night’s game is scheduled to kick at 8 p.m.
- U of U freshman running back Ty Jordan dies overnight
- Utah football player Aaron Lowe confirmed dead in SLC shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect’s parents charged in Michigan school shooting
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 detected in first Utah patient
- Laie Hawaii Mission announced by Church leadership
- Burger King is returning the Whopper to its original price
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Not every wildlife sighting needs reporting, experts say
- Charges weighed for Michigan shooting suspect’s parents
- Doctors find autism rates among Utah children higher than previously thought