University of Utah to retire No. 22 jersey Saturday night
SALT LAKE CITY — The No. 22 jersey will no longer be worn by members of the University of Utah football team.
The university will retire the jersey Saturday night. A ceremony will be held between the first and second quarters of the Utes’ home game with UCLA.
The number was worn by Ty Jordan and Aaron Lowe. Jordan passed away on Dec. 26, 2020, while Lowe died on Sept. 26, 2021.
In a video that debuted in a game against Arizona State on Oct. 16, coach Kyle Whittingham encouraged fans to live the way his former players did to smile. And more importantly, strive to be 22 percent better every day.
Saturday night’s game is scheduled to kick at 8 p.m.
- U of U freshman running back Ty Jordan dies overnight
- Utah football player Aaron Lowe confirmed dead in SLC shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen