Buzz Lightyear’s origin story is teased in a new trailer from Pixar
(CNN) — Summer 2022 will be the summer of millennial nostalgia.
Disney and Pixar released the brand new teaser trailer for “Lightyear” on Wednesday. With Chris Evans voicing Buzz Lightyear, the film will tell the story of the “real” person behind the iconic toy and character featured in the classic “Toy Story” movies.
The trailer, featuring the ultimate nostalgic throwback song “Starman” by David Bowie, filled many millennials with sentimentality, including Evans himself.
“I’m covered in goosebumps. And will be every time I watch this trailer,” Evans wrote on Twitter. “Or hear a Bowie song. Or have any thought whatsoever between now and (June) cause nothing has ever made me feel more joy and gratitude than knowing I’m a part of this.”
He continued: “Animated (movies) were an enormous part of my childhood. They were my escape. My adventures. My dreams. They were my first window into the magic of storytelling and performing.”
The movie is set for release on June 17, 2022.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”