UHP: Carbon County Pursuit
CARBON COUNTY– A Black Jeep Renegade led Troopers on a pursuit near SR-6 after they attempted to pull the vehicle over for a speeding infraction. A male is in the hospital and female is in custody.
The vehicle sped off SR-6 heading westbound. Troopers ended the pursuit to preserve public safety when the vehicle began heading into on coming traffic.
UHP and other local agencies set up spike strips in three different areas in the hopes of puncturing the vehicle’s tires.
The pursuit resumed when a Utah Highway Patrol(UHP) Sargent spotted the vehicle near mile marker 270.
After the vehicle failed to stop, Carbon County Sheriff’s Office units spiked the car at mile marker 256 near SR-6. The male driver and female passenger evacuated the vehicle and ran a short distance before giving up.
The male is under evaluation after being transported to a local hospital due to indication he had ‘ingested drugs.’ The female is being interviewed at Carbon County Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”