UHP: Carbon County Pursuit
CARBON COUNTY– A Black Jeep Renegade led Troopers on a pursuit near SR-6 after they attempted to pull the vehicle over for a speeding infraction. A male is in the hospital and female is in custody.
The vehicle sped off SR-6 heading westbound. Troopers ended the pursuit to preserve public safety when the vehicle began heading into on coming traffic.
UHP and other local agencies set up spike strips in three different areas in the hopes of puncturing the vehicle’s tires.
The pursuit resumed when a Utah Highway Patrol(UHP) Sargent spotted the vehicle near mile marker 270.
After the vehicle failed to stop, Carbon County Sheriff’s Office units spiked the car at mile marker 256 near SR-6. The male driver and female passenger evacuated the vehicle and ran a short distance before giving up.
The male is under evaluation after being transported to a local hospital due to indication he had ‘ingested drugs.’ The female is being interviewed at Carbon County Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Judge grants request for preliminary injunction in Utah transgender sports law
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- July’s unemployment remains steady
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide