Child hit by car in Provo
PROVO, Utah — An 8-year-old child was hit by a car while riding a bike in Provo.
The Provo Police Department reports the accident took place near 200 N 800 W in Provo. After the collision, police said the vehicle left the scene immediately.
They report that the child was transported with a bloody lip and abrasions to his face, arms, and legs.
Officers said the vehicle is a newer model silver Nissan SUV with some minor front-end damage.
“If you happen to have a residence or business close to that location with surveillance cameras, we are asking that you check around the time of 5:18 p.m. and contact the Provo Police Department if you have an image of the vehicle.
“If you have any information at all that might help us identify the vehicle or driver, please call the Provo Police at (801) 852-6210,” requested Provo PD.
The police department is asking for the community’s help in identifying the vehicle and the driver.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Two children hit by car in Salt Lake City, in critical condition
- Man hit by car in Taylorsville in critical condition
- West Valley City officer, suspect, hit by car during arrest
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- Family of teen hit by car asks drivers to slow down and watch for bikes
- Bike bill would allow Utah cyclists to treat stop signs like yield signs
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address