Woman killed in hit and run in Millcreek is identified, police still looking for driver
MILLCREEK, UT — The Unified Police Department has identified the woman hit and killed Friday morning as Barbara Anne Dwyer, 66 of Millcreek.
Police are asking for help from the public in locating a driver that hit a woman in a crosswalk on Friday morning, and drove away.
The woman was hospitalized in critical condition but died from her injuries.
Friday morning at around 7:00 a.m., police said a 64-year-old woman was using the crosswalk at Highland Drive and Lucky Lane (3440 South), in Millcreek, when she was hit by a car. She was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police are working to determine who was driving the vehicle that struck the woman. They are also asking the drivers of two other vehicles, who drove through the intersection after the woman was hit, to get in touch with the police.
Unified police say they believe these drivers witnessed the hit and run accident.
If you have any information or were near Home Depot and Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park around seven o’clock, please reach out to the Unified Police Department at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success