Fatal crash leaves two dead in Orem
Orem, UT — A drunk driver crashed into a Kia on I-15 resulting in two fatalities.
The incident happened overnight on Sunday, October 31st, at 12:05 AM. The victims were stopped in the right emergency lane of I-15 southbound at milepost 272 inside a Kia. A Toyota pickup drifted into the emergency lane striking the Kia.
The passenger in the front seat died on impact, the driver of the Kia was transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital with serious life-threatening injuries.
After multiple surgeries, The driver passed away on November 1st from injuries inflicted during the collision.
The passenger was identified as 43-year-old, Brookhaven Elementary School teacher, Season M. Dow. The driver was her 16-year-old son Tobias M. Dow.
Ms. Dow, a mother of three, taught third grade. She is lovingly remembered by her students, their families, and her coworkers. Members of Dow’s community leave comments and donations on the gofundme organized to help with funeral and medical expenses, and to help support her two children.
The driver of the pickup had no injuries and was arrested for suspicion of DUI.
Today’s Top Stories
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Family responds after DA ruled against charges in police shooting
- U.S. Supreme Court refuses to hear Utah case involving bump stocks