White House press secretary Psaki says she has COVID-19
WASHINGTON (AP) — White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Sunday she has contracted COVID-19.
Psaki was not traveling with President Joe Biden, who was in Rome this weekend for the Group of 20 summit and is headed to Glasgow, Scotland, on Monday for a U.N. climate summit.
Psaki had planned to travel with the president but scrapped the trip just as he was set to depart for Europe after learning that members of her household had tested positive for COVID-19.
“Since then, I have quarantined and tested negative (via PCR) for COVID on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday,” Psaki said in a statement. “However, today, I tested positive for COVID.”
She added that she was last in contact with Biden on Tuesday, and the two sat more than 6 feet apart and wore masks.
Psaki said she is only exhibiting mild symptoms.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- State elections leaders dismiss state lawmakers claims of vote switching
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison